While LED panel lights are commonly used to replace traditional, inefficient fluorescent troffer lighting in suspended T-grid ceilings, many are also made to be surface-mounted or hung from conventional ceilings. Our Charlotte, NC area customers use flat panel LED lights for new-build as well as retrofit projects in offices, schools, hospitals, commercial and industrial buildings.
Benefits of LED panel lights vs. fluorescent or incandescent include:
- LED lighting uses only a fraction of the power and lasts many years longer, so you conserve energy while saving money
- High lumen output means that you can achieve higher light levels by replacing existing panels one-for-one without changing the existing ceiling grid
- Evenly distributed illumination eliminates dark spots, allowing you to use fewer LED fixtures in the same area, while increasing brightness
- Reduced eye strain and glare are a result of LED’s diffused light
- Thin, lightweight panel construction is ideal for shallower ceilings and facilitates installation and maintenance
- Durable LED panels resist shattering and chemicals, and can withstand extreme temperatures and humidity levels
- LED eliminates the distracting buzzing and flickering that fluorescent lights exhibit as they approach the end of their lives
- LED panels can be customized to fit into small, awkwardly shaped areas
Altum LED offers a variety of LED panel ceiling lights in the Charlotte, NC area that provide more light while using less power. Select your size, color (cool or warm white) and style (traditional, dimmable or side-lit). You can also choose a motion-sensor compatible panel. Types of panels include recessed, suspended, mounted and build-in so you can find the one that best meets your requirements.